Topics: American Presidents James Monroe; to oppress versus to suppress versus to repress; fruit and vegetables versus fruits and vegetables; file not sent/file not supported Words: delegate to appoint governor envoy Secretary of State prosperity for

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之旅行交通购物

44 Dumplings In China, there are many different kinds of food. Some of them are very popular. Dumplings are real Chinese food. Everyone in China likes dumplings very much, and there are many different kinds of dumplings. Some have meat and vegetables

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

Most people do their shopping in a supermarket, but for fresh fruit and vegetables, many shoppers prefer an outdoor market. It’s summer, and the stores are full of soft fruit, like strawberries, pea

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街基础英语

By Paul Sisco Washington 27 April 2007 The Goldman Prize is awarded annually to six individuals from around the world who have dedicated their lives, sometimes at great risk, to protecting the world's natural resources. Paul Sisco reports. Goldman En

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(四月)

Cholesterol-Lowering Foods May Prove Healthier A new study out of Canada could potentially save millions of lives. Research shows that, by eating certain foods, people can significantly reduce their cholesterol and improve their chances of avoiding h

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

模仿句子:The chemicals giant Bayer has agreed to buy the controversial US seeds and pesticides firm Monsanto for an eye-watering $66 billion. 原文翻译:化学药品巨头公司拜耳已经同意以660亿美元的大血本收购存在争议的

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Richard is a light eater. He doesn't eat much. He isn't a heavy eater. He eats a light breakfast, a light lunch, and a light dinner. Richard is not fat. He is thin. He will always be thin, because he is a light eater. He eats a bowl of cereal for bre

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

Suzan had a garden. She planted fruits and vegetables. The garden was in her backyard. Her backyard was wide and long. She had plenty of space. Suzan's garden took up most of the space. Her garden grew several kinds of fruits. It grew watermelons, gr

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

The Importance of Hand Washing 洗手很重要 In a recent study of people passing through major U.S. airports, it turned out that about thirty percent werent washing their hands after using the bathroom. These people who dont wash their hands dont j

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Do you ever fancy eating something really fresh? Something savory, healthy, and tasty? I'm so thankful that there is a place in town where we can get food that is just like that. It's a restaurant called the Wok-About-Grill. It is a play on words. Yo

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(193) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - From A to Zinc: The Story of Vitamins By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty with Phoebe Zimmermann, and this is the VOA Special

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Harvest in Benin A new study in West Africa shows how farm irrigation systems powered by the sun can produce more food and money for villagers. The study in Benin found that solar-powered pumps are

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

Todd: OK, Gabrielle, you are a vegetarian. Gabrielle: That's right! Todd: So, you do not eat meat! Gabrielle: I don't. No meat, no fish! Todd: OK, and you said that you have a garden. Gabrielle: Yeah, I'm lucky to have enough room to have a vegetable

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

By George Dwyer Washington, DC 06 June 2006 watch Franchise Expo report The Annual International Franchise Expo (IFE) attracted franchisers and franchisees from 40 countries for information sharing an

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

Todd: So, Ruth, now, you are a vegetarian. Ruth: That's right. Todd: So what is a good vegetarian dish that you cook? Ruth: Well, actually, I'm not a very good cook, so that would be difficult to say. I quite like to make, like a vegetable stew with

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

I'm not a very good cook but I decided to surprise my wife by making a three-course meal. I went to the supermarket to get the dessert, and I stopped by the farmer's market to get some fresh vegetables, my ingredients for the salad. The meal would st

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And Im Robin Basselin. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Every morning, John does man

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

14. The sun drives me up the wall. 我快被太阳逼疯了。 还能这样说: The sun drives me crazy. The sun drives me around the bend. 应用解析: be driving at 意在,意指,打算。 例如:I wish I know what they are really drivin

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

A: George, how is your chicken? B: My chicken tastes all right, but it is pretty dry. How is your fish? A: My fish is pretty dry too. B: It's almost as if this food has been sitting a little too long. It doesn't seem fresh. A:Yes, it seems that way t

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 食物-Food